Wed 20 Jul 2011
How to Connect to Another Computer Using Remote Access Software
If you have Windows XP it has built in remote access software that helps you connect to a friends computer, by invitation, to help them by taking remote access control of their computer system. This means you could be in the USA and be helping your friend in Australia to find a solution to his or her computer problems. The technology to gain remote access to basically anyone’s computer is available on most computer users start menu. I regularly give my friends computer support from the comfort of my own home.
What you need to use the Help and Support tool to gain remote access
1. An broadband or cable internet connection.
2. Windows Xp on both computers
3. An email address or be signed into Windows 4. Live messenger.
The easiest way to connect
It is very easy to connect two computers over the internet. One computer can take control and fix problems on the other computer. Following these steps to use the Help and support software that is built in to Windows.
1. Sign in to Windows Live Messenger and have your friend do the same thing.
2. Go to the start menu and choose Help and Support (shown below) Just the computer user that wants to invite does this.
3. The Help and Support Center will appear.
4. Click on Invite a Friend to connect to your computer with Remote Assistance. Located under the Ask For Assistance menu.
5. Then press Invite someone to help you. The window below will appear.
6. Choose your friends name from the Windows Messenger contact list.
7. Click on Invite this person.
8. This will allow your friend to see your desktop. If they want to control your they must press the Take control button and the other person must agree by pressing ok..
Check out the Screenshots for this article at How to connect to another computer. This is what I see when I am in control of my friends computer…I can go on the internet or read their emails etc..
Reasons to use Windows remote help and support
–Your problem is so minor, you do not want to bother an IT support person.
–You cannot afford an It technician, and your know a computer whiz..
–You have already rang software support or your internet service provider and they could not help
–You constantly need desktop computer help and using remote access software is easy!!
–If you close the Remote Assistance Window it will disconnect. And you will have to start your remote access again if you want to connect.
–Don’t worry if it is a bit slow because that is normal. The speed of your remote access depends on your speed of both internet connections.
–You can also connect using an email address. The invitation is sent through email.
About the Author
About the Author Mitz Pantic wrote this article. Visit http:www.tips4pc.com for more Networking tips