Entries tagged with “computer service las vegas”.
Did you find what you wanted?
Mon 25 Jul 2011
Setting Up D-Link Routers
Author: Monica Koudstaal
D-Link routers are one of the most commonly used router devices. Most of the people across the world prefer to go for D-Link routers due to their easy setup and configuration process among other features. In the recent times, every house has one or more computers and they are often connected through a wireless router. However, sometimes the configuration process of these routers becomes a daunting task that a normal user may or may not be able to perform. Therefore an expert help is what users require the most when they face problems related to D-link router’s configuration.
Keep a few things in mind before beginning with the D-link router configuration. Ensure that all the cables and switches etc. are in proper place. Read the manual carefully and follow the instructions accordingly like inserting the disk, connecting the cables etc. Ensure that the cable modem is unplugged and the computer is turned off prior to the installation.
To configure your D-Link router, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Unplug the Ethernet cable connected to the router and from the computer and plug it into the WAN port of the router. Now reconnect the Ethernet cable to the computer. There is no need to connect the wires while going for wireless. However, if you are setting up wireless connection for the first time, you will be required to set it up on a wired computer.
- Now, when the cable is connected to the router, turn the router and the computer on and allow them to boot. You can see the router LED light blinking, which means that the set up of the router is correct.
- After the computer is switched on, configure the d-link router to set up your connection(s). Open your browser and type the generic IP address 192.168.0.1 for the first time login details.
- This will enable you to create a username and password. Make sure that your firmware is working. While going for a Wireless setup, make sure that you set your SSID and create a unique username and password so that your neighbors do not intrude into your wireless range.
- Now after configuring the router to the computer, you can go for parental control, firewall, or other features. You can also allow some computers to access the internet within the range. Make sure that the firewall is enabled so that no virus can penetrate into your setup.
There are various companies, which provide D-Link router setup/configuration support. The panel of expert technicians offers the best help possible to you and set up your D-link router at ease.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/networks-articles/setting-up-d-link-routers-5061751.html
About the Author
V tech-squad has a special sell for troubleshooting all your D-Link Routers setup related problems including Wi-Fi setup, networking, security, and upgrade etc. If you are facing problem with your D-Link Routers Configuration, You can reach V tech-squad online technical support at their Toll Free No +1-877-452-9201 For US/CA.
V tech-squad Inc. (www.vtechsquad.com) is a leading provider of online technical support, virus removal, home networking support, phone support, and ipad support. V tech-squad has a team of certified technicians who cumulatively have more than 100 years of experience in desktop support. V tech-squad is currently solving hundreds of customer issues a day with best resolution rates in the industry. V tech-squad management is formed by IIT alumni who are ex-employees of Microsoft and IBM. Founded in 2010 V tech-squad is serving customers around the world including United States, Canada and India.
Mon 25 Jul 2011
How to reset lost Widows 7 login password?
As the user forgot his only administrator account, the most common used free Windows password recovery solutions like safe mode and command prompt will not. And to get rid of the forgotten Windows 7 password under this circumstance, the best choice is to use the third-part utilities. Here will recommend 2 of the most popular Windows password recovery tools on market.
As one of the best Windows password recovery tool, Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery helps you burn a bootable password reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive to get back in computer when you forgot Windows 7 password. No data loss and reinstallation. 100% password recovery rate guaranteed. And it only takes you 5 minutes within 4 big steps.
1. Download Windows Password Beaker from and install it in any accessible computer.
2. Burn a password reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive with the program.
3. Boot your locked computer from CD/DVD or USB.
4. Reset lost Windows password with the burned CD/DVD or USB drive.
Note: There are 3 editions of Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery. Its Enterprise also enables you to reset lost domain administrator password on Windows server 2008(R2)/2003(2)/2000, which acts as a domain controller.
Ophcrack is one of the more popular free password hack tools that runs via Windows, Mac and Linux installations or on a Live CD, and it can be used to crack almost any Windows password. Unlike Rekesoft Windows Password Recovery that removes the lost Windows password, it enables you to recover your original lost Windows 7 login password. Please note that passwords greater than 14 characters cannot be cracked.
1. Load the Ophcrack CD to the computer, install and run it.
2. Click on Load and select the appropriate password LM (LAN Manager) hash to use or choose PWDUMP File if the hash was dumped and saved using pwdump2.
3. Otherwise choose encrypted SAM to allow Ophcrack to dump the hashes from the SAM and SYSTEM files retrieved from a Windows machine while booting on another disk.
4. Click Tables, and select the location or folder to store the rainbow hash tables downloaded or installed by the installer.
5. Select the type of tables you wish to use.
6. Click Launch to start the cracking process.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/operating-systems-articles/how-to-reset-lost-widows-7-login-password-5061649.html
About the Author
If you forgot Windows 7 password, you can use Windows password recovery tool to reset the forgotten password.
Mon 19 Oct 2009
Calling for technical support does not have to be an unpleasant experience. Preparing yourself before you make that call, and knowing what to expect while talking to support representatives, can help ease the way.
1. Before you pick up the phone, have as much information at hand as possible. Any product serial numbers should be within easy reach and be prepared to answer these questions:
* What version of Windows are you using?
* What, if any, changes did you make to your system before the problem occurred? Include both hardware and software changes, and be honest!
* What is the exact wording of any error message you receive?
* What steps have you taken to try to resolve the issue on your own?
2. Make your call to tech support when you are relatively free from distractions. Being able to focus on what is discussed will go a long way to aiding both you and the tech you are talking to. Do not yell, insult or use profanity no matter how frustrated you are. Most companies advise their techs to hang up on any caller using abusive language. No matter how frustrated you are at the hold time before your call is answered, remember that the tech you are talking to was helping someone else, not ignoring you.
3. Be prepared to verify your address, phone number and even your e-mail address before moving on to your issue. The technician is not being nosy by asking, but rather doing their job. After all, verifying your statistics ensures that your computer is still in your hands and not those of a thief. Many companies require techs to log all calls. If you have called for support before, your statistics may be used to bring up your records and help the technician deal with your issue. Also, if you are using e-mail support, make sure your e-mail address is correct and complete. Otherwise, the tech won’t be able to get ahold of you.
4. Be frank about your level of computer expertise. Support technicians talk to customers with vast differences in their skill levels, from the beginner to the expert. If the tech is moving too fast, ask them to slow down. If you don’t understand something, ask them to clarify. Don’t be embarrassed to admit you are in unfamiliar territory. Likewise, try not to second guess where the tech is leading you and jump ahead. Working together is the surest way to a resolution.
5. Listen carefully to everything the tech is telling you. Most techs have a wealth of knowledge they are more than willing to share with attentive callers.
6. Stick to the subject. Unless you are involved in a long procedure with lots of down time such as a complete Windows reinstall, avoid chit chat. There are many other people waiting to have their call answered (just as you were) and while you may not be working, the tech is.
7. Make sure you get all the help you need. If you have called for assistance with installing hardware, the technician should also help you install the drivers for that hardware. If you have more than one question, jot them down ahead of time so you don’t forget them and have to call back.
8. Don’t ask your support person to do something that is not their job. For instance, if you have called your computer manufacturer for assistance, don’t also ask them to help you with an AOL problem. If you have called for help with installing software, remember it is not the technician’s job to train you on that as well.
9. If your computer issue can not be resolved with one phone call, ask the technician to take ownership of it. Many techs are willing to go the extra mile for a friendly customer and will research your problem, then get back to you when they have the solution.
10. Say thank you. Support technicians are people too! If your tech has done an especially good job or kind act, ask if you can send an e-mail to their supervisor to express your appreciation, and then follow through.
Having to call for support on today’s technology will probably never be a truly pleasant experience, but it doesn’t have to be a painful one either. Don’t be intimidated. Being prepared for the call and knowing what to expect ahead of time will make it easier for you and the technician on the phone. And you might just learn a tip or two along the way!
Thu 1 Oct 2009
Posted by admin under Uncategorized
There are three methods used in the repair industry. The technician providing the computer service would come to the individual’s home to fix the computer on-site.
The second method is for the individual with the broken computer to take the computer to a licensed professional or repair store.
The third option for computer repair is associated with computers still under warranty.
Because computer services are so common, many problems are easy and inexpensive to fix. For the person who wants to try to fix the computer without using any of the three methods, several online sites have detailed information and steps to follow for a variety of problems. However, anyone choosing this route needs to have some knowledge of computer repair and realize that he or she is responsible for any damage done.
Mon 28 Sep 2009
Printers are one of those devices we use everyday and never think about until there is a problem with it. Finding the problem with a printer is the toughest part of the troubleshooting process because printers will not often give you a good explaination. While some may seem obvious or appear to be voodo, we have found these things to work most of the time.
1. Shut it off and turn it back on.
2. Clear the print jobs from the queue.
3. Check for low toner.
4. Check the IP address of the printer or the USB connection.
5. If all else fails, completely uninstall the printer.
If you continue to have problems with your printer, call Advanced Computer Services today at 702-328-9060 or visit our computer repair website. We service the Las Vegas and Henderson Area.